- Tools of the Trade: All the tools in our sewing rooms that come from the hardware store and elsewhere. Lots of great tips and giveaways.
- Modern Quilting: What is it all about? Sewist, Flickr, blogs, Pinterest and more. A lively talk about Modern Quilting in today’s world along with a trunk show.
- Borders, Bindings & Finishing: Complements the Borders and Bindings workshop with a trunk show of examples of all quilt finishes.
- Discovering the quilt artist within – the journey to creativity: How to find that inner artist. Where does creativity come from? Examples and trunk show including challenge quilts.
Programs are 45 minutes with trunk show included.
If you are interested in something and wish to know more or see pictures please contact me.
Half Day (3 Hour)
- Borders, Bindings and Advanced Borders and Bindings, Piped Edges
A technique workshop where you will complete samples for straight borders, mitered corners, straight and bias binding. Included are techniques for finishing bindings.
Additional time may be devoted to specialty finishes: flanges, art finishes, couching and more.
Additional time in the workshop may be added for learning to use the Piping Hot Piping tool to add that extra bling to your borders or bindings. All levels, machine
- Fabric Postcards:
Make those wonderful fabric postcards which can actually be mailed. Learn lots of fun thread and fabric techniques. Learn about new fusibles. Your friends will be amazed. All levels. Machine
Full Day (6 Hour)
- Modern Dresden – 4 fabulous Finishes
A modern update for making a variety of Dresden plate designs using a single template. The class will cover 4 different variations of edge finishes. Size variations are endless. You will learn to sew the plates by machine and mix and match your edge finishes if desired. Designed to be a technique class letting you determine how many plates, what sizes and finishes and layout you desire.
Intermediate skill, machine
- The Amazing Diagonal Rectangle or the Owl Quilt
Using a very simple and user friendly cutting method make half diagonal rectangles into a variety of patterns. It can be straight set or in a maze. Beginner and fun for all. Machine.
- Simplified Four Patch Posey
A very fun, simple way to make 4 patch blocks using the repeat in your fabric. Each piece is unique and all are stunning.
Adapted from 4-Patch Stacked Posies by H.D. Designs
All levels, machine.
- One Block Wonder
Based on the book, One-Block Wonders by Maxine Rosenthal, learn to make this exciting design. Although it looks complicated (pieced hexagons! & kaleidoscopes) it is surprisingly simple. Laying out the blocks and designing your quilt will make it a one of a kind. Machine, rotary cutting, confident beginner.
- Finding the Quilt Artist Within – Exploring Art Quilt Techniques
3-6 hour workshop where we will use paint sticks, foil, Angelina fibers, paints and more to make samples that can be incorporated into your quilts. Options are available in workshop to make fabric boxes, vases, pad folios or postcards/ATC’s. This can easily be individualized to meet your needs.
All levels, hands on
- Log Cabin with Attitude
Not your traditional log cabin but one that can highlight a beautiful center fabric or motif and then twist and turn to complete
All levels Machine
- Hot Diamonds
Starting with the simple square learn to rotate and place them on point to come up with a stunning quilt in great color variations. Great for use with large prints, bright and bold (Kaffe’s, Africans) All levels, machine
Please contact me to discuss specific requests and fees.